About the Pastor
Joseph Rodrigues migrated to Australia from India in 1969 at the age of 21. He married Marcelle in 1970. They have two married children and three grandchildren.
Joseph occupied positions in Accounting and Auditing fields before submitting to the call of God into full-time ministry. He also holds Ministry qualifications.
The ethos of this website
Joseph is passionate about upholding the liberating truth and
utter simplicity of the gospel. To this end, he is dedicated to teaching and preaching the truth without compromise in keeping with sound doctrine and the proper exegesis of Scripture.
His goal is setting people free by proclamation of the truth.
These are just a few characteristics which under gird the spirit of this site:
- the belief in the Bible’s right, as the expression of God’s will, to define what we are to believe on religious matters and how we are to conduct ourselves.
- the belief that the basic tenets of the Christian faith, as declared in the Apostles’ Creed, the Nicene Creed, and the Athanasian Creed are indispensable to the claim to being a true believer.
- the belief in the Lordship of Jesus Christ, the position of the true believer in Christ and the priesthood of believers.
- the belief in the Christian’s calling to pursue holiness and to cultivate a holy fear of the Lord.
- the rejection of every form of devotion where the object of worship is a person other than the God of the Bible.
- the recognition that the church is Universal, being comprised of many local congregations of true believers, being jointly and severally under Christ’s supreme and exclusive headship.
The purpose of this website
My greatest desire is that all my efforts bring Glory to our great God, in showing myself approved TO HIM as 'a workman who correctly handles the word of truth'. To this end, the Devotional Articles, in depth 'Explore Your Faith' Teaching Series, Audio snippets , General Articles , Teaching Seminars and other materials have as their primary focus:
- faithfully teaching and preaching the truth of scripture, in keeping with sound doctrine
- correcting and refuting erroneous beliefs
- boldly declaring God's standards of holiness and appropriate Christian conduct
- liberating those who have been captive to false teachings and exposing those who promulgate them
- vigorously defending the faith handed down by the apostles
- fostering a spirit of 'searching the scriptures' to test the truth of every belief one entertains